Newborn Photo Shoot

Things are beginning to have a “new” normal around here. Our little guy is two weeks old today. I am healing well and getting back into the swing of things. Gaining my independence and energy back. If you have read through any of my previous posts regarding my pregnancy you would see that the general theme of my pregnancy is that it took just took a lot out of me. Delivery of our little guy followed the same suit, a long, hard labor which never fully progress and ended in a c-section, but once we had him in our arms I wouldn’t change a thing.

Prior to our delivery day I had been gathering items from around the house to have ready for my newborn photo shoot. Yesterday I was finally able to get a photo session in with our peanut. A few of the items that I had on hand were:

White Embossed Wallpaper-used as a backdrop
Various newborn hats
A piece of white fur fabric…purchased {here}.
Burlap fabric
Bobby Pillow-used for propping Kellen up.
Bag of Sugar-used to prevent Kellen from sliding down into the Bobby pillow.

For my first time taking any form of a portrait, I love how they turned out! I will definitely be playing some more with props and ideas.

0451

 

0671

 

02311

05411

 

06111

 

06811

 

029111

You can view the linky parties that I am participating in {HERE}.

21 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog last night!
    Congratulations to you and your family!! You did an awesome job taking these pics of your little one. I"m loving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am expecting my own in about three (yikes!) weeks and love these photos. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely adorable! Congrats on your little one!

    What's that basketball prop? Is that fabric? I'd love something like that for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwww your little boy is precious! These photos are great too
    Stopping by from Southern Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos!! And creative use of the bag of sugar too! I would love it if you would come link up with Busy Monday (through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better, easier and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful collection of portrait shots, well done. My favourites are the last two as baby seems more relaxed and less "posed". You did well to manage this yourself, excellent job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! He is so adorable! I'm so happy for you. And your newborn photos are fabulous. I tried this one time so I know how hard it is. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am a new follower hopping from The 36th ave. I hope you follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo I don't know where to begin! I heart your little guy and his photos! How cool that you took them on your own!!!! I can't wait to have a little one to photograph too!!! Congrats! Andddd I see that your little guy is a packer fan?!?!? Awhhhh me too! :o) Finally I am SO happy that you linked up over at my place!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just oozing with adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. following you from GFC
    now follow back me with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    I am hosting a biggest Giveaway ever:
    International Giveaway: Win Rimmel London "3 Goodie Bags Worth 400 AED(100US$)"

    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-win-rimmel-london-3-goodie.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you through the Grow Your Blog hop! Showing you some bloggy love by following you via GFC.

    Tera
    http://www.eccentricleopard.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, found you via blog hop. Your little man is SO adorable. I am due in 4 weeks with our first little one. A boy also. Love your ideas for a newborn photo shoot. I am also collecting ideas at the moment. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats to you!! oh what a beautiful baby!! yea!!
    I am your newest follower...pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chas ~ I think you did an excellent job with Kellen's newborn photo shoot. I especially like the last one with him looking at you. So sweet! ~ Bonnie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness he is so adorable!! The pictures turned out so wonderfully. I found your blog through the hop. Glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just the sweetest photos! What a doll! I am so glad that you are feeling better and getting back into a routine.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. These photos are beyond precious! It's so inspiring to see a real mama take photos that look like the results of an expensive professional shoot!! :) Care to share the details on that adorable bear hat?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Child are like delicate flowers. You shared very lovely and cute photos. I think you did such a nice job too.

    ReplyDelete