Motivate Me Monday

I have a confession to make…

I hate exercising to lose weight!
I know that I am not alone in this, but I really do dislike having to exercise to lose weight.
Now I don’t mind going for a walk with my kids or a girlfriend, but that is for pleasure or socializing. I even don’t mind playing a competitive sport or two for fun. I don’t mind pushing a lawn mower in the summer or raking our yard in the fall because those are things that need to be done. I have also attended Yoga, step aerobics, and salsa classes. All of which were to learn something new, meet new people, and just for fun. But I really dislike having to exercise for the purpose of losing weight!

I have never been a naturally thin woman! In order to maintain a healthy and desirable weight for me I have to watch my sugar intake and eat healthy. That was my big secret 5 years ago when I lost 50lbs. I didn’t exercise, but I cut out all refined sugars and ate a lot of fruits, veggies and lean meat. That was the recipe that worked for me then. Now five months post pregnancy that recipe is not working this time around. I had wishful thinking that as soon as I had my little guy I would drop a ton of weight and fit back into my pre pregnancy clothing. NOT SO MUCH! I have dropped around 17 lbs., but I am now at a stand still and have been for the last three months.

I need to get motivated! I need to get moving! I need to lose 30 lbs. in order for me to feel whole with myself. That is hard for me to say because I truly believe beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but for ME I need to lose 30 lbs. to feel healthy and whole. I am my happiest when I don’t have the extra weight.

My current weight: 200 lbs.
Height: 5’4
Measurements(in inches): from June 17th.
Arms 13.5
Chest 42.5
Under Chest 37
Upper Waist 39
Waist 38
Lower Waist 43.5
Hips 44.5
Thighs 25

Most current full body photo:

241Sorry for the poor quality of the photo I was in a hurry.

For motivation I am currently reading:

The Denim Diet: Sixteen Simple Habits to Get You into Your Dream Pair of Jeans

Will you follow along with me through my journey to lose weight?

1 comment:

  1. I am right where you are and need to get my butt in gear too. I started doing an eating program which seems to be working wonders and have even dusted off the treadmill. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete