Simple Serving Tray

Happy Sunday!

How are you? After a busy week I am enjoying a relaxing day at home!

Today I wanted to share a simple project I completed a few week ago.

IMG_20141229_100913_301

A while back I picked up one of {these} round ponderosa panels

IMG_20141228_150953_480

and some pretty handles.

beverage tray handles

A little trick I use for “staining” wood is watering down my favorite brown paint. I apply the watered down mixture just as I would stain by brushing it on, letting is sit for a moment, and then using a rag to wipe and spread the paint mixture.  It works great without the odor of stain!

IMG_20141228_153143_896

IMG_20141229_100846_440

IMG_20141229_100920_157

 

IMG_20141229_100758_474

I use my tray in a variety of ways! I often have it sitting on my dining room table with a plant, candle or some other cute centerpiece.

ABM_1420505780

Thank you for stopping by!

I am sharing this post at….. Restless Arrow -DIY Show Off

The Winthrop Chronicles - Tatertots & Jello - Lolly Jane - The 36th Avenue

Nifty Thrifty Things - It’s Overflowing- Finding Silver PenniesThoughts From Alice

26 comments:

  1. Love your idea! I like to find pretty trays...so maybe I can make one. Visiting from Inspiration Monday. Sheila@mykentuckyliving

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really neat! I love how it turned out!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute design! Following from your designs this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This immediately caught my eye at the link party I was at. Such a good idea to use unique handles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love it! Thank you for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! They tray looks great, Chas! I'd love for you to come over and link up to Project Pin-it!

    Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love the handles. Thank you for sharing with us at Talented Tuesday. I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day and you join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool! i love this project. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty, love the handles! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! So creative! Thanks for sharing at the Tater Tots & Jello Link party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love how simple it is to make. Thanks for joining us for Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO Cute, thanks for sharing on Worthwhile Wednesdays! I'm featuring this tonight!
    ~Allie www.craftyallieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chas
    This is a Friday Favorites at http://notatrophywife.com this Thursday night! Hope to see you again and would love some social media love to build this party! Looks great! laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Chas. These would make wonderful gifts. Thanks for sharing at last week's BFF Open House. Featuring when this week's party opens up tonight !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to stain some photoboard backdrops for awhile but didn't want to invest in stain. We have plenty of brown paint laying around the house though. I'll have to give your watered down method a try. Thanks so much for linking up at Talented Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete