Vintage Flower Press

I came across this old frame at Goodwill and loved the color and patina of the wood. I didn't know at the time what it was, but thought it would make a fun and unique frame for something. I later was told it is most likely an old flower press.

1982

I went back and forth on whether to use it as an open frame or fill it with something. I decided to make it into another "clip" frame using foam board, burlap, and a metal clip.

2185

Foam board is my secret weapon for making bulletin boards. It is so cheap, easy to cut, and fits perfectly into all the old frames. You can most often find it in the school supply section of any store. 

2184


2186

I love how it turned out!
 It adds a little bit of character to our kitchen wall and I can change out the photo whenever I want something new.

2194
Sharing Here…
Alderberry Hill
The Girl Creative
Ella Claire
The Winthrop Chronicles
Lolly Jane
The 36th Avenue
Craftberry Bush
Whipperberry
Liz Marie
See Vanessa Craft
Tatertots & Jello
Nifty Thrifty Things
It’s Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment